|Electromagnetic spectrum - Stanford University|
The following links describe the use of UV-C lights for room disinfection. One of the concerns is making sure that the light exposes all surfaces. There are also concerns about the length of time needed. The light does generate heat so no flammable objects can be close to the light. The UV-C light will decay in effectiveness over time. Specific meters are used in the UV-C light range to determine the level of exposure needed to kill the virus. Refer to the Wikipedia article on Ultraviolet Germicidal irradiation
CDC methods of disinfection UVC kills bacteria and viruses more easily than bacterial spores.
Research Gate: inactivation of mold spores by UVC Aspergillus niger conidia are difficult to kill with UV-C light
Science Direct -Programmable and low cost UV-C room disinfection
NIH - Using UV-C light to disinfect high touch surfaces in hospitals.
Asian Journal - UVC kills bugs at home.
Indian J. of Med. and Biology - Surface disinfection by germicidal UV-C light